Monday, June 22, 2009

Oatmeal


A 500g bag of oats costs between 30 and 35 cents at my local supermarket and is enough to last me about 10 breakfasts, 1/2 cup of oats plus 1 cup water at a time. I eat it every morning. How many ways are there for me to eat oatmeal without dying of boredom?

I used to eat it with a bit of syrup, raisins, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
OR bananas
OR peaches
OR any other fruit I had.

But now I am out of fruit. And out of raisins. And out of syrup.

It seems oatmeal's okay savory- I read a few articles online of people swearing to this fact. And I have a few eggs, some salsa, and naturally sriracha. This morning I had a scrambled egg with some salsa and sriracha in oatmeal. It was nice, different, but then, that's what I am looking for.

Any other cheap oatmeal suggestions?

There is a cherry tree outside in the inner courtyard, it has cherries on it. They are naturally on the high branches, but I think tomorrow I'll pick some. They could go with oatmeal, right?

No comments: