Friday, June 26, 2009

Chocolate Chili Oatmeal


This morning saw the trial of a Lydia recommended oatmeal combo- chocolate chili oatmeal. It was fairly delicious. Once more, I cooked up my normal portion of oats, while they were still on the stove and not entirely congealed- I mixed in maybe 1/2 Tablespoon of cocoa powder. Then two dashes of chili powder. In the bowl they went and my taste buds were in for an adventure! The cocoa powder was unsweetened, and it really could have used some sugar and I probably could have put in more chili powder, but it was pretty nice the way it turned out.

The general combination of chocolate and chili has become popular over the last few years, it is quite a traditional Aztec way to enjoy chocolate. I believe Lydia came to the taste sensation through my mutual love of things spicy and chocolate. A nice addition could even be to add some sriracha. What is sriracha not good on?

Unless inspiration or advice strikes, it looks like tomorrow will be back to applesauce oatmeal- so people, give me some suggestions!

No comments: