Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Oatmeal and Mango Chutney?


This morning, on my quest to:

A) Find new and exciting ways to eat oatmeal and

B) Use the things in my pantry/fridge and

C) Not go grocery shopping,

I ventured into yet another taste sensation with my combination of oatmeal and mango chutney. After cooking my 1/2 cup oats and 1 cup water to the proper consistency, I took about a tablespoon of mango chutney purchased some time ago from an Asian shop and put in the bottom of my bowl. Then I poured the oatmeal over, mixed it well, and added a few squirts of lime juice. I wasn't sure what to expect, but as the spoon reached my mouth, I was pleasantly surprised! It is different, naturally, but it works! And there is totally enough chutney in the jar to last me 3-4 more bowls of oatmeal. This is a happy find.

Any other oatmeal ideas out there?

No comments: