Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Walk Home


I love this building. I try to wind my way past it when I walk home from Mitte. Today was an exceptionally nice day weather-wise, so why not take a picture to remember it by?

I am working my way back into a swimming routine with my friend Lydia, and it is going quite well. We always try to do a kilometer- and once we reach the kilometer we work on upping the intensity. Before the winter break, we were doing quite well, but with the fitness pact separation of two months- we fell out of the habit. No fear though, we are doing quite well at getting back there. Today we did 800 meters and plan to go for 900 on Friday. I think we'll be back at a kilometer by next week. Part of the fun of going swimming twice a week, is Don Giovani's, where we go after. It is a sketchy "international cuisine" place in Tiergarten. For those unfamiliar with
Berlin, Tiergarten is not known for the culinary delights- Hauptbahnhof is nearby, and should we wish to support those struggling chain restaurants, we could go there. However, we chose rather to bring our business to Don Giovani's. With 2€ salads that are never the same, how could we chose otherwise?

And with the brief respite from the rain, I am walking, once more, all over Berlin.

No comments: