Thursday, May 14, 2009

Black Moth Super Rainbow



I have fallen in love, with a band called Black Moth Super Rainbow. An experimental band, fusing elements of psychedelic folk and electronic- how could I be anything but utterly besotted? They seem to perfectly fit my mood right now- the music could really fit any season- but the tunes on Dandelion Gum are a perfect match to this early May summer. The beats are dreamy and jarring- a kaleidoscope of senses. If you wanted to give them a go- I'd recommend beginning with the track Forever Heavy off the previous mentioned album (the video link on YouTube is interesting). The songs make me want to lay outside on the grass all day and watch flowers come to life in the summer sun. I can't help but think of time lapse flowers opening and closing when I listen. I want to float away on the raspberry dawn and touch heaven.

No comments: