Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bread


Seriously, why do I buy bread? Homemade bread is soooooo much better. This weekend I made a loaf of polenta-cilantro bread and another loaf using a mixture of spelt flour and regular all-purpose with some whole wheat grains thrown in. And some delicious granola. Honestly, why do I ever buy these things? The interesting combinations came about while going through my cupboard. My roommate hardly ever cooks and yet has managed to amass a great quantity of odd ingredients. It kills me that they sit on the shelf in disuse. So, I finally put some of them to use. That bag of spelt flour is now half empty and the huge bag of once used polenta? It is most assuredly 1/3 or more lighter. The mystery grains and buckwheat? Hello granola. Working with my languishing oats, omnipresent flour, raisins, and other odd ingredients I've been a most productive (and inventive) baker this weekend. Interested in recipes? I'm never exact- but I'd try to be for you. Shoot me an email. Perhaps you even know some more interesting uses for polenta? One can always hope!

No comments: