Monday, May 18, 2009

Songs About Jennifer


My real name is not actually Jenna. Jenna just happens to be what most people call me, how I introduce myself, and practically my full name. But, if you happen to check out any of my records or forms of ID, or you've known me for a long time, you'd know that my full name is actually Jennifer. So few people call me Jennifer, it feels strange against my skin. It used to be so bad, that when my name was called- I wouldn't respond. This was by no means intentional- I simply wasn't used to my own name. But enough about my identity issues. What I am really interested in, are songs about Jennifers- or Jennas. I didn't think there were that many- but then I started looking.

27 Jennifers by Mike Doughty
Jenny from the Block by Jennifer Lopez (how could this one ever be forgotten?)
Jennifer Juniper by Donovan
Jennifer by Styx
Jennifer by M2M- sorry, no link for this gem
Jennifer's Song by Strangelove (same, sorry)
and the incomparable and amazing Jenifa taught me by De La Soul

Do you know any more?

No comments: