Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Walking


I am walking and walking all over Berlin. In the last four days, I've walked about 27miles. I'd forgotten how the weather inspires me these months hidden in SBahn and UBahn cars, but now I am able to experience the inspiration once more and connect the dots of Berlin S and U-Bahn stations together.

Friday is May 1st, and if you weren't already aware, it is a big deal here. Ironically, it isn't at all at home in the U.S., although it is to commemorate an American event- the Haymarket Massacre. So it isn't folk costumes teens dancing around a Maypole- but rather International Labor Day. It is a national holiday and a day of protest and demonstrations- almost everyone has the day off- why not go protest something? All over the streets of Berlin, there are posters informing of the many demonstrations, etc. This is one of my favorite ones.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: