Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Valentines


As some of you may know, St. Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays, perhaps only trumped by my love of Easter. I accredit this love very much to my family. From Kindergarten to my senior year of high school, I received flowers every Valentine's Day from my father. My mother has always given us Valentine's Day presents, my Grandparents always send cards and a little something special, and I always trade Valentines at least with my siblings. However, for the last 6 or 7 years, I have made my own Valentines and given them to my friends and family, because Valentine's Day is not just a day for couples, but for expressing your love and joy with friends, family, and lovers alike.

I am currently in the assembly step of this year's Valentine- each year is different and there are very few who may lay claim to every Valentine I have made- plus I never repeat. This year was a bit challenging to develop a new design, but I am happy with the outcome. I am currently up to my ears in paper, glue, and other materials- dearly wishing I had a paper cutter among other things (my glue gun comes to mind- why didn't I think to bring that??). As much as I am sure my Valentine recipients cannot wait for this year's arrow to strike- you will just have to wait to see this year's model and celebrate with me, mostly from afar.

No comments: