Sunday, January 18, 2009

And the rain rain rain came down down down

Whenever it rains, I think of that song. Maybe you know the one I mean, the one from the beginning of the old Winnie the Pooh movie, I believe Winnie the Pooh and the very Blustery Day. When it is pouring buckets in the Hundred Acre Wood and everyone's houses fill up with water and Piglet spins around and around. I can only find the video in Swedish, but you get the idea nonetheless. Well, today has switched to rain. It had warmed up and the rain rain rain has begun to come down down down. This is good news for me. It makes it a bit easier to bounce around town when the bouncing is not taking place on a sheet of ice. It was getting to the point that if I had a shovel, I would have gone put there and scrapped that ice off the sidewalk. It was ridiculous, and quite dangerous.


This "advertisement" has been in my local U-Bahn station for some time now. It is quite clearly meant to be a joke (showing the old Soviet Trabant as the car of the future), but the hints stop there. There is no small indicator at the bottom to reveal the creator of this joke, nor has there been a follow-up ad in my station stop. Just this one, for months and months now. I am quite confused. Around the time that this ad originally appeared, there was an equally puzzling, but far more disturbing ad for lobotomies. It has disappeared and I unfortunately did not manage to snag a photo. I did, however, right down the tag line: Jetzt alles in Ordnung bringen mit einer Lobotomie! In English essentially: Now bring everything in order with a lobotomy! If I ever discover the mystery of that one, it'll be a happy day indeed.

No comments: