Saturday, November 8, 2008

Visitors from France and Other Exciting Happenings

This past week, an old French friend of Melanie's and her friend came to visit Berlin. They are musicians and we had the most marvelous time together. I think I shall miss those funny Cabaret singing women now that they have returned to France. Night before last, they performed part of their act at a local French bar. The bar was great, apparently a little piece of Paris in Berlin (and only a 25 minute walk or so from my apartment). I drank an exciting wine, listening to their music, and had fun switching between German and English, explaining repeatedly that I did not, unfortunately, speak French. I think it will be next on the list.



The weekend just kept getting better too. Last night I went to Yorckschlößchen, this Jazz/Blues club to check out the music and the possibility of going there with Melissa and the Grandparents for New Year's eve. The club was awesome, the band this time was a Jazz Hip Hop group from Switzerland. Their Swiss German was funny and incomprehensible, but they would switch to Hoch Deutsch when speaking to the audience, thankfully! The club was quite cozy with good wine (though not as good as the French place) and awesome music. I'm going to call this week and make reservations for New Year's. I found this picture of the bar in winter, ah...I wonder if it'll look like this???



The icing on the cake, however, was the amazing and surprising news that Cordelia is coming to Germany during her Spring break! I was teasing her and said she should fly here tomorrow, she looked at fares and found a great deal in March, during her spring break. SO she's coming! I feel like dancing on air, I am so excited. I think we may go to Poland together, because what could be better than going to Poland with Cordelia?

No comments: