Saturday, December 6, 2008

Sugar Coma and Christmas Markets


This is me, in my lazy day glory, eating a Zebra Küssen at the Weihnachtsmarkt in Alexanderplatz. A delicious chocolate covered sweet that allowed me to feel sweet sugar coursing through my veins for another 30 minutes at least. Oh Christmas candy, you are a joy in my life. I was goaded into eating said sweet by friend Marie- she is unfortunately sweet-less and enjoys living vicariously through my consumption of sweets. As you would expect, this is a pleasant arrangement for me. I ventured into the crazy holiday cheer that is a Weihnachtsmarkt with Marie yesterday to finish up some Christmas shopping- it was quite exciting; carolers, warm drinks, sugary temptations, and holiday crafts delivered a multi-sensory holiday experience. Coupled with the cold air and sun setting at five to four, it was quite a winter cliche.

At home, my windows are covered with snowflakes, my knitting needles are regularly clicking and clanging, and a variety of holiday music stations are being enjoyed. A newly discovered Christmas carol- from the 80's Rapper Dana Dane of Cinderfella fame, Dana Dane is Comin to Town, has become a favorite- I highly recommend listening to it- or playing it for any "sucka MCs" that need to watch out.

No comments: